At Lando & Anastasi, we combine deep expertise in today’s most dynamic industries with a proven ability to deliver innovative and strategic solutions for protecting and expanding our clients’ intellectual property assets.
Since our beginnings in 2003, we have adhered to a clear set of principles. We place our clients’ business goals at the forefront. We focus on the technologies that drive innovation and growth. We collaborate across practices to achieve synergies of knowledge that produce creative approaches to complex issues.
This approach has made a real difference for our clients—and has made L&A one of the fastest-growing IP law firms in New England.
Patent Agents and Associates work closely with senior members of the Firm on a wide variety of intellectual property matters, including patent prosecution, opinion work, due diligence projects, and general intellectual property counseling.
- Review technical disclosures and participating in client interviews to understand new inventions;
- Searching literature and patent databases to determine the patentability of inventions;
- Drafting written assessments of the prospects of obtaining patent protection;
- Writing patent applications;
- Preparing responses to communications from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office;
- Developing arguments for patentability to Patent Office Examiners; and
- Reviewing patents as part of the IP due diligence for a potential acquisition or merger.
- May guide, mentor, or be a resource to others
- An advanced degree or equivalent industry experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field with deep expertise in software including programming, machine learning, cloud computing, networking, process control and/or other applied technologies.
-1 to 3 years of experience as a Patent Agent or Associate in a law firm or in-house position.
We offer a collaborative working environment that is open, caring and collegial, with an inclusive management approach.
We fully comply with all laws prohibiting discrimination against any qualified applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, marital, parental or veteran status, or disability as well as any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Current regulations relating to the deemed export of certain information and technologies with which we and our clients work require us to limit access to citizens of the United States and United States permanent residents. If you do not currently meet this status requirement, we cannot consider your application for employment at this time.
For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter to: HIRING@lalaw.com
The Asian American Lawyers Association of Massachusetts (AALAM) is a non-partisan, 501(c)(6) non-profit organization.
Asian American Lawyers Association of Massachusettsc/o The Boston Bar Association16 Beacon StreetBoston, MA 02108-3774E-mail: email@example.com