Local Boston Black Owned Businesses
- Frugal Bookstore (Roxbury) is a community bookstore with a passion for promoting literacy within our children, teens, and adults.
- The F.I.T.T. PIT (Hyde Park) is training facility that focuses on functional interval training that helps clients transform their bodies and reach their fitness goals.
- The Urban Grape (Boston) is the first wine, craft beer, and spirits store to organize wines by their body, rather than varietal or region.
- Simply Erin’s (Cambridge) is a unisex hair salon that caters to a clientele with all hair textures.
- Liz’s Hair Care (Roxbury Crossing) is a full service hair salon located in a historic neighborhood of Boston.
- Trillfit (Mission Hill) is a hip-hop inspired dance cardio class.
Also, check out the Black Economic Council of Massachusetts ("BECMA"), which is in the process of updating its directory of over 300+ black owned businesses across the state.
Resources: These Black Women Are Making Boston’s Fitness Scene More Inclusive by Tessa Yannone, Boston Magazine, March 5, 2019; Black Owned Businesses in the Boston Area, by ShoppeBlack, October 24, 2017