In response to the alarming escalation in xenophobia and bigotry resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, the Asian Pacific Planning and Policy Council (A3PCON), Chinese for Affirmative Action (CAA), and the Asian American Studies Department of San Francisco State University launched the Stop AAPI Hate reporting center on March 19, 2020. The center tracks and responds to incidents of hate, violence, harassment, discrimination, shunning, and child bullying against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States.
Stop AAPI Hate's approach recognizes that in order to effectively address anti-Asian racism we must work to end all forms of structural racism leveled at Black, Indigenous, and other communities of color.
Stop AAPI Hate's 5-pronged approach is to:
- Serve as the leading aggregator of anti-Asian hate incidents
- Offer multilingual resources for impacted community members
- Provide technical assistance from rapid response to preventative measures
- Support community-based safety measures and restorative justice efforts
- Advocate for local, state, and national policies that reinforces human rights and civil rights protections